Any costs and expenses arising from the default are paid by the purchaser, including any expenses incurred by the seller
Internal Dispute Resolution Scheme
We value, encourage and learn from your feedback. At Own Dont Rent we have an Internal Dispute Resolution Scheme for handling complaints:
You may lodge a complaint by phone, fax, mail or email (contact details follow).
- The first and most important step in lodging a complaint is to talk to us. We will do our very best to resolve your complaint quickly and efficiently.
- If this is not possible, you should put your complaint in writing so that we can understand the nature of the complaint and how you would like it to be resolved. Written complaints will be responded to immediately by phone and, if this is not possible, a letter of acknowledgement will be sent to you.
- Our staff are trained to assist Clients lodging a complaint in a courteous and helpful manner. They will assist you in lodging a complaint and, if necessary, with completing a Dispute Form.
- If your complaint cannot be resolved immediately, it must be referred to our Disputes Resolution Officer.
- Once all relevant information is received, we will commence a thorough investigation of your complaint within 24 hours and will keep you fully informed throughout the process.
- We will respond to you in writing within 21 days of your initial complaint. If your complaint is not resolved within 45 days, we will notify you that you are entitled to pursue the complaint with the external disputes resolution scheme. We are a member of the Credit Ombudsman Service Limited.
Fairness, timely response, staff training and regular review of the effectiveness of our procedures are all important aspects of our scheme.
We respect your privacy by fully complying with our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988.
Disputes Resolution Officer:
Telephone: (02)9744 6868
Mail: Disputes Resolution Officer, Own Dont Rent, 52 Rose St Croydon Park NSW 2133